Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New paint for the living room

After
I just painted the living room.  And I like it so much better than before:

Before

The living room and kitchen were painted brown.  It looked like an Ace bandage, with a tinge of pink, unfortunately.  I really didn't like it, especially because everything I have in the living room is gray.

Namely, the couches are gray.  I love them.  When we moved into our last place, I bought the two couches.  I had a few specific requirements I was looking for in a couch:  I wanted them to be slipcovered, fairly affordable, and responsibly made.  As far as this last condition goes, what a quagmire.  It is nearly impossible to find a responsibly-made...well, anything.  Most furniture seems to be made outside of the USA, where the materials may be unethically sourced, as may be the labor.  Even if it is made domestically, that's no guarantee of anything.  However, for this purchase, I wanted to support the domestic industry.  After doing some internet searching, I found a couch through Club Furniture

I can't vouch for the whole company, but the couches I ordered are both sturdy and comfortable.  Also, I am nearly certain that Club Furniture and Rowe Furniture use the same manufacturer in North Carolina, because they use the same photos on their website.  Just in case you care.

But to make a long story short...

clubfurniture.com

 and
acebrand.com
just don't match.  So, we painted.  Well, and added more of our furniture and artwork.  Much better!  Here is the before-and-after again:

Before

After

PS--See the dent on the left cushion of the couch?  That's the cat's spot!


1 comment:

  1. your gray paint and white trim look amazing like a brand new home !! karen s

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...