Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Bedroom Dresser


This dresser came from the Goodwill store.  Twenty dollars.  I kind of went nuts when I saw it.

It is solid oak--really heavy.  I sanded off the honey-colored stain to reveal the natural wood underneath.  Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera at the time, so I don't have any before shots.  Oh, well.  

The best part of this dresser is the faceting on the drawers.  When I sanded, I was careful not to round these edges.  

Epic closeups!  At first, I actually considered changing the drawer pulls, but I'm glad I didn't!



6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful piece! Great job! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This took my breath away! The first thing I said was "Oh WOW!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you kept a wood tone and didn't paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just reading your post on brushing up on your photography skills. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with what you can already do, and this photo of your dresser is no exception!!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a find at your Goodwill store! Your dresser is beautiful! Love your items on top and the boots lined up next to it...looks just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous-can't beat Club GW-I'm your newest follower-stop on by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...