Monday, January 16, 2012

Photography



My borrowed camera (image from shop.usa.canon.com)

A few weeks ago, I started using a digital SLR to take the photographs for this blog.  It's a borrowed camera, and I had to idea how to use it.  Clicking away on auto mode, I got some pics that were visible, which was all I asked.

However, I was lucky enough to get help from an incredible photographer, Jason Hill.  Jason lives in Japan, where he specializes in landscapes and nature photography.  He spent the holidays at our home, allowing me to glean the basics of digital camera functioning from him.

At this point, I really only do the basics.  I have a limited ability to manipulate f-stop and aperture.  It's going to take a lot of practice!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...